Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Inception & Petite Fashion Challenge #6

This is my first blog post and as you can tell I am still so new at this. My blog is going to need a lot of work and I am completely HTML incompetent so please bear with me. I've been a long time follower of  both Jean from exatrapetite.com and Jen frmheadtotoe.com and both ladies have been fashion and make-up inspirations for me. They have shared so much of their experiences and expertise in regards to petite fashion and beauty and have helped me so much in being a smart shopper. Thanks ladies! 
I decided to revitalize this old blog I had so I can post my entry for the Petite Fashion Challenge #6 - I know we don't need to have a blog to enter but I am a 5  foot 2 shopaholic so I hope that I can share some fun fashion ideas with the petite blogging community. 

 Petite Fashion Challenge #6
(visit Stylepint for entries)
"Dress Up Your Basics: Jeans and a tee is a classic outfit starter...for this challenge, start off with a jeans and tee basic look and dress it up to show off your personal style."

I love (funky) shoes and bulky sweaters (this one's from Urban Outfitters) so trying to incorporate these two pieces into an outfit was a lot of fun. The t-shirt is way too big on me but since I got it for really cheap at a night market in Asia, wasn't even worth the alterations. Green suede shoes (Nine West) were a little tough but I think it worked out pretty well - now if only New York would get a little warmer so I could wear these cropped pants without freezing my ankles!


6 comments:

Stylepint said...

What a cute outfit! Love the oversized printed tee, it makes for an great tunic. Thanks for participatng in the challenge! =)

ShortieK said...

Hey! I LOVE those green suede shoes -they're so different and I think they work great with the outfit.

mich LA said...

Aww, one of my favorite sweaters from this season! I really like the oversized t-shirt look--it's usually the look I go for if I do wear t-shirts with jeans/leggings.

Hope to see more posts by you now that you have a blog! :)

Alterations Needed said...

Excellent way to take two over-sized items and make them work! I think the cross-body bag helps to smooth out the look too.

Petite in the City said...

I love bulky sweaters too, but I find most of them look too big on my frame. Yours fit great!

-Lor

Jen HaHA said...

Great sweater! Did the scarf come with it? They go well together. Oversized tee totally works!
Check out my try at the PFC #6!